OneFortyOne and Stand Like Stone have granted $50,000 to community groups from across the Limestone Coast, to support local projects.
Stand Like Stone CEO Roger Babolka said, “this is the 9th year of our partnership with OneFortyOne which has resulted in a further 3 important projects being supported for this region.”
“Through this partnership we’ve been able to support over $300,000 in projects.”
This year’s supported groups are:
- Mil-Lel Memorial Park Inc: $10,000 to complete the Mil-Lel Hall kitchen upgrade. This project will ensure the facility meets all food safe requirements and is able to cater to the ever growing demand by the local community to access the hall’s facilities.
- Youth Opportunities: $20,000 to assist over 50 young people from public sector schools in Mount Gambier, Penola and Naracoorte to participate in a program to develop confidence, resilience, optimism and goal-setting for their future.
- Australian Schools Plus: $20,000 to support the expansion of a proactive social work model at three Mount Gambier schools. This project will focus on addressing increasing levels of absenteeism, through supporting families to engage with a range of external services and the wider school community.
OneFortyOne Jubilee Sawmill General Manager Paul Hartung said it was great to work with Stand Like Stone again this year.
“We were pleased to receive many great applications, which just goes to show how many passionate people live in the Limestone Coast,” Paul said.
“The applications go through a rigorous review process. This way we ensure we are funding projects that meet our objectives, which includes projects which will have an ongoing and positive impact. This year we sponsored projects that focus on youth education and opportunity which very much speaks to supporting a better tomorrow.”
“Mil-Lel Community Hall kitchen will support events bringing community together, and Youth Opportunities and Australian Schools Plus is all about helping young people achieve their potential.”
Outside of their partnership with Stand Like Stone, OneFortyOne contributed a further $30,200 to support another five organisations that applied for grants.
“We are really happy to be able to also support Allendale Community Hall, St John Volunteers, Mulga Street Primary School, Foodbank and Penola Swim Club,” Paul said.
“They are fantastic organisations that help to keep their community thriving even during some of the hardest times.”
Stand Like Stone & OneFortyOne Funded Projects 2021/2022
- Mil-Lel Memorial Park Inc – Kitchen Hall renovations $10,000
- Youth Opportunities – Personal Leadership Program $20,000
- Australian Schools Plus – Addressing student absenteeism $20,000
OneFortyOne Funded Projects 2021/2022
- Allendale East Public Hall – Hall renovation $10,000
- St Johns Ambulance Volunteers – Burn over kits $1,500
- Mulga Street Primary School – AM Safe Spaces $7000
- Penola Swim Club – Equipment up-grade $7000
- Foodbank – $4,700