- what personal information of yours we hold;
- what we do with it;
- who we will disclose it to; and
- how you can access the personal information we hold about you.
You can also find out here how to change inaccurate personal information and how to opt out of receiving communications from us.
How does OneFortyOne collect and hold your personal information?
Where possible, OneFortyOne will generally collect your personal information directly from you. OneFortyOne may also collect your personal information from third parties (including ForestrySA) who provide your personal information to us to allow us to contact you. We may also collect personal information from our website(s) or social media platforms that we operate or may establish.
What personal information about you does OneFortyOne collect and hold?
The types of personal information that OneFortyOne collects from you will be directly related to the specific purpose for which it has been collected. How much personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in OneFortyOne being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service.
The information OneFortyOne collects will include:
- If you request information from us directly (e.g. via our website) we may collect information from you such as your name, email address and phone number(s).
- If you make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect information from you such as your name, email address, phone number(s) and address.
- If you provide us with a personal guarantee to secure the payment of any commercial credit that we may extend to you or any business you are associated with in connection with the supply of our products and services, we may collect information from you such as your name, email address, phone number(s) and residential address.
- If you seek or are the holder of any licence or permit granted by ForestrySA, any State Government agency, or OneFortyOne, in relation the recreational or other use of any land owned, controlled or occupied by OneFortyOne, we may collect any information that is relevant to your licence or permit (or application) including your name, email address, phone number(s), address and any other proof of identification that may be relevant to your licence or permit (or application).
- If you make an application for employment with OneFortyOne, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
- your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume)
OneFortyOne does not generally collect information defined as ‘sensitive information’ in the Privacy Act (such as racial or ethnicity information, political associations, health information and criminal records). However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, OneFortyOne may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering your application for employment.
What does OneFortyOne do with your personal information?
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes which you provide it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. This includes, for example:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from OFO; and
- administering and enforcing any personal guarantee provided to OneFortyOne by you; and
- administering any licence, permit, or application in connection with the recreational or other use of any land owned, controlled or occupied by OneFortyOne; and
- responding to any enquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
- assessing and administering any applications for employment with OneFortyOne.
Who will OneFortyOne disclose your personal information to?
OneFortyOne may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies or people that we have your consent to share the information with;
- other members of OneFortyOne’s related group companies; and
- contractors and third party service providers (including ForestrySA) that we use in the ordinary course of our business.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients outside of Australia. OneFortyOne will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is handled by any overseas recipients in accordance with the Privacy Act and our instructions for the purposes described above. By providing OneFortyOne with your personal information, you consent to this disclosure of your personal information.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information, or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we, or third parties engaged to act on our behalf (including ForestrySA), may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services. We may also share your personal information with our related entities so that they can provide you with direct marketing communications and material about their products and services. You may opt out of receiving this material at any time by contacting us on (03) 8554 0600 or by contacting us via email. Your consent to receiving this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
Questions and complaints
OneFortyOne Plantations Pty Ltd
Level 6, 636 St Kilda Road
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint or not. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges). If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
When visiting OneFortyOne’s website(s), the site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical and administrative purposes:
- the user’s server address – to consider the users who use the site regularly and tailor the site to their interests and requirements;
- the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to OneFortyOne which pages or documents are most important to users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative the OneFortyOne site is to users;
- the type of browser used – this is important for browser specific coding; and
- in order to optimise the OneFortyOne website(s) and better understand its usage, we collect the visiting domain name or IP address, Computer Operating System, Browser Type and Screen Resolution.
The information set out above is collected by automated means including via cookies. A cookie is a piece of information that an internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. You can change the privacy settings of your browser, in particular, you can refuse all cookies or opt to be notified each time a cookie is sent to your computer. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our website(s), you may not be able to take full advantage of services offered via our website(s).
Retention and destruction of personal information
OneFortyOne will destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as practicable once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we may be required by law to retain your personal information after your relationship with us has expired. In this case your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with this policy. If we destroy personal information we will do so by taking reasonable steps and using up-to-date techniques and processes.
Security of information
OneFortyOne will take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer to our website(s) and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from this website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
In this policy personal information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.