OneFortyOne Plantations is well recognised as a leading forest grower in Australia. A progressive company, we combine transformative leadership with deep forestry expertise to build on the success of the oldest softwood plantation resource in Australia and the largest in the Green Triangle Region.
OneFortyOne’s purpose is to build a dynamic industry in and around our forests and we have recently announced our intention to vertically integrate through the proposed acquisition of the region’s largest timber mill. Our regional vision is World Class People, Assets and Practices. You can learn more about OneFortyOne Plantations by visiting onefortyone.com.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a talented leader to join us in the key role of Estate Manager as a member of the Regional Lead Team. Reporting to the Regional General Manager, you will lead the application of world class silviculture practice and implement a transformative strategy to maximize the estate value.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Provide enterprise wide leadership as a progressive, seasoned forestry professional as a key member of the Regional Leadership Team
- Provide constructive leadership in the areas of silviculture and nursery operations, forest planning and new estate expansion
- Be integral to the success of our safety journey with an absolute commitment to health and safety
- Facilitate the high performance of your team by understanding people, and how to get the best from them
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment and working as a change agent
- Have extensive experience in a similar silviculture based role with appropriate tertiary qualification
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a regional team that is focused on being world class. We pride ourselves on our people, which is why we are committed to providing a great work environment with ongoing support in the way of training, development and competitive remuneration.
The role is based in Mount Gambier, the second largest city in South Australia, located halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide near the Victorian border and in the heart of the Limestone Coast. Offering all major services and facilities that are provided in a capital city, but with a relaxed and friendly rural community lifestyle.
Should you wish to discuss your interest in this role or have queries, please call Adam Bowe on 0407 028 699.
Applications can be forwarded to Adam via firstname.lastname@example.org and Emma-Kate Griffiths via email@example.com including resume and brief letter outlining experience and qualifications as they relate to the position.
UNDERGRADUATE VACATION PROGRAM 2017/2018
OneFortyOne Plantations’ Undergraduate Vacation Program is a great opportunity to gain valuable workplace experience with a modern and progressive forest grower that combines transformative leadership with deep forestry expertise to build on the success of the oldest softwood plantation resource in Australia and the largest in the Green Triangle Region.
OneFortyOne is offering structured paid work experience over the 2017/18 vacation period for undergraduate students at university.
The program will commence in November 2017 and will conclude February 2018
This program is open to students studying disciplines such as forest science, forest engineering, environmental sciences, or other related disciplines who have a keen interest in the plantation forest industry.
The scope of the projects are varied and will comprise research, data analysis; incident investigation; establishing plans for operational programs and opportunity to be trained in fire protection.
To be eligible for the 2017/2018 Undergraduate Vacation Program, you must:
- Be eligible to work in Australia.
- Be an undergraduate university student.
- Have maintained at least a credit average.
- Be available within the period from November 2017 to February 2018.
You will be required to provide:
- A copy of your resume.
- The name and contact details of your Program Coordinator, plus one other referee.
- Responses to the following selection criteria:
- Why you wish to participate in the program.
- How the work experience and your course of study aligns to your project(s) of interest.
- How your skills, knowledge and current studies will assist you to complete the project throughout the placement.
The positions are based in OneFortyOne Regional office in Mount Gambier South Australia. Costs associated with travel to and from the region will be covered, however successful candidates will be responsible for their accommodation and associated costs.
Applications should be forwarded to Melissa Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 September 2017.