This page contains information relating to public access and community information for our forests in Australia and New Zealand
Information for Forest Users (Green Triangle, Australia)
At the beginning of the season firestart-up days are an important part of fire season preparations as all OneFortyOne employees, contractors and summer crew join together for a day of refresher training including practical fire drills in the forest.
In case of fire your first call in Australia is always 000
Closure due to Harvesting Operations
A section of Lowan Lane and Hemmings Lane Tarpeena will be closed to the public due to harvesting operations from 8 November 2021 until 30 April 2022.
The road will be closed from Monday to Friday and re-opened for public access on weekends.
Contact 0438 653 707 for information.
Information for Forest Users (New Zealand)
If you are planning to light an “open air” fire within a rural fire district you need to apply for a Fire Permit. Permits are issued by the Rural Fire Authorities. You will find the online application process and contact details on the links below.
There is valuable Fire Safety information provided via the above link that will enable you to reduce risk while in the forest or as an owner of a small forest plantation. It is very important that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover to protect you from personal and business risk in the event of a fire.
In case of fire your first call in New Zealand is always 111
Easement Road Closures
- OLIVERS RD: Public access is closed due to active harvesting activities.
- WAI-ITI RD, INWOODS RD: Public access is closed weekdays. No weekday public access until the 15th of December 2021 due to silviculture operations.
- The road is open to public on weekends.
- BIG BUSH RESERVE Public Access Easements through ELVY’S ROAD and BIG BUSH DRIVE (GOLDEN DOWNS): Public access between these roads is closed. No public access until 31 December 2021 due to harvesting operations.
Information on other public easement roads through OneFortyOne estate to the Mt Richmond Forest Park is available on the Department of Conservation website.
- MOUNT DUPPA – HIPPOLITE/ BLADEBONE RDS: Due to a small slip the last 2km of the vehicle access track is only open to 4WD vehicles.
- HORI BAY ROAD: Vehicle access is only permitted to the 10km mark. Beyond this, only foot access is available for the last 2km down to Hori Bay.
The public hunting season runs from April to September, conditional to fire danger levels. Permits are required for hunting and can be applied for by filling in the form below.
Contact BG Security ph 03 543 8746 or email email@example.com