This page contains information relating to public access and community information for our forests in Australia and New Zealand
Information for Forest Users (Green Triangle, Australia)
At the beginning of the season firestart-up days are an important part of fire season preparations as all OneFortyOne employees, contractors and summer crew join together for a day of refresher training including practical fire drills in the forest.
In case of fire your first call in Australia is always 000
Information for Forest Users (New Zealand)
If you are planning to light an “open air” fire within a rural fire district you need to apply for a Fire Permit. Permits are issued by the Rural Fire Authorities. You will find the online application process and contact details on the links below.
There is valuable Fire Safety information provided via the above link that will enable you to reduce risk while in the forest or as an owner of a small forest plantation. It is very important that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover to protect you from personal and business risk in the event of a fire.
In case of fire your first call in New Zealand is always 111
Easement Road Closures
- OLIVERS RD. Public Easement is closed for the weekend of the 17th/18th July 2021 for a rally event run by the Nelson Offroad Racing Club.
- BIG BUSH RESERVE Public Access Easements through ELVY’S ROAD and BIG BUSH DRIVE (GOLDEN DOWNS): Public access between these roads is closed. No public access until 31 December 2021 due to harvesting operations.
- MOTUEKA GORGE/BLUE GLEN easement is closed due to harvesting operations.
Information on other public easement roads through OneFortyOne estate to the Mt Richmond Forest Park is available on the Department of Conservation website.
- MOUNT DUPPA – HIPPOLITE/ BLADEBONE RDS: Due to a small slip the last 2km of the vehicle access track is only open to 4WD vehicles.
- HORI BAY ROAD: Vehicle access is only permitted to the 10km mark. Beyond this, only foot access is available for the last 2km down to Hori Bay.
The public hunting season runs from April to September, conditional to fire danger levels. Permits are required for hunting and can be applied for by filling in the form below.
Contact BG Security ph 03 543 8746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org