Our draft Forest Management Public Summary is open for consultation
Our Forest Management Public Summary outlines how we manage our forest estate, and how we deliver on our forest management policy commitments. Maintaining this plan is a part of our Responsible Wood certification requirements under AS 4708.
The OneFortyOne Plantations Forest Management Plan was first issued in September 2016, and is under review, with a draft Public Summary now open for consultation.
We started an internal review of the plan in May 2021, and the process has included:
- Updates to our organisational structure, roles and responsibilities, our forest management system, our activities, markets and key processes
- The suitability of our forest management objectives and targets
- A review of our Sustainable Forest Management Policy
- Requirements arising from the new version of the sustainable forest management standard
We are in the final stages of review and the draft plan is now available for community feedback, until 16 May 2022.
After consultation, the final plan will be shared with the community and uploaded to our website.
Our estate is certified to the internationally recognised Responsible Wood Certification Scheme, which is endorsed by the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
We have an integrated Forest Management System covering all processes involved in the management and protection of plantations, other land use activities and the delivery of forest products to our customers.
This Forest Management System is certified under the Responsible Wood Certification Scheme (AS 4708), which requires us to meet internationally accepted criteria for sustainable forest management. The Forest Management System applies to the total area of land under management control in OneFortyOne’s estate.
Our Defined Forest Area is updated annually. As at 30 June 2021 our Defined Forest Area is 95,480 hectares, made up of 82,002 hectares of forest area. View our online interactive map.
In accordance with our certification requirements OneFortyOne seeks to minimise the use of chemicals within our forest estate.
The Public Summary Reports from our current certification cycle are below:
- Responsible Wood Public Summary Report – Surveillance Audit – May 2021
- Responsible Wood Public Summary Report – Surveillance Audit – October 2020
- Responsible Wood Public Summary Report – Surveillance Audit – June 2020
- Responsible Wood Public Summary Report – Re-certification Audit – August 2019
- View our current Sustainable Forest Management Certificate.