Together with Stand Like Stone Foundation, we held a virtual ceremony this afternoon to announce, meet, and thank this year’s grant recipients.
Congratulations and thanks again for the amazing work you all do.
2021 OneFortyOne + Stand Like Stone Foundation Community Grants:
- Penola High School – outdoor space for in-school hospitality training Café 43
- Café 43 is a training venue for secondary school students to learn and build hospitality skills. The café serves high quality low coast meals and beverages. The funding will be used to create an outdoor dining space to accommodate increased customer capacity
- Naracoorte Scouts – Scouting for Connections outdoor camp
- The scout group runs programs for kids between 5 and 15 focussing on community, outdoors, creativity and personal growth. The funding will purchase activity and camping equipment for youth leadership programs .
- Mount Gambier North R-7 School – Equine Assisted Learning Program
- The primary school supports many students experiencing trauma, disability and learning challenges. The school community has worked hard to create a safe and calming spaces for children to feel secure. The funding will be used to run Equine Assisted Learning.
- South East Junction – Changing Tracks counselling program for young men
- The Centre provides undertakes activities and programs that build self-worth, self-esteem and confidence to support people wanting to improve their mental health. This funding will support The Changing Tracks Program and Positive Relationships Program that aim to educate and upskill adults and youth to make better choices and learn healthy responses to conflict and stress
- Allendale East Area School – Purchase of new luggage trailer
- The Steve Noble Community Bus is used for commuters attending community organisation events, sporting activities and school excursions. The grant funding will go toward purchasing a luggage trailer to improve the safety for travellers.
- Naracoorte & District Men’s Shed – Installation of solar panels
- Tatiara Mens Shed – Bordertown – Upgrade of radial arm saw
- Mount Gambier Private Hospital – Purchase of new mobile observation unit
- Mount Gambier Children’s Centre for Early Childhood & Parenting – I am Woman Program
- Mulga Street Primary School – Regulation and mindfulness skills training for educators
We’re looking forward to seeing these projects in action!