By working together with other forestry and timber organisations, we are able to collaborate on industry wide solutions to research, safety and fire preparedness.
The forestry and timber industries have a powerfully positive product, and OneFortyOne works together with other industry organisations s to share that story.
In Australia, OneFortyOne is a member of the following industry organisations:
- AFPA: The Australian Forest Products Association, the peak industry body representing the pulp and paper, processing and resources industries.
- FIACSA: OneFortyOne is a member of the South Australian Government’s Forest Industries Advisory Council. We are working with government and industry to create a vision and a strategy to safeguard the industry for future generations.
- FWPA: Forest and Wood Products Australia Limited, a not-for-profit company that provides national, integrated research and development services to the Australian forest and wood products industry.
- IFA: the Institute of Foresters of Australia, going strong since 1935, is a professional body with over 1100 members engaged in all branches of forest management and conservation in Australia. The Institute is strongly committed to the principles of sustainable forest management and the processes and practices which translate these principles into outcomes.
- STBA: The Southern Tree Breeding Association, the national body which manages the Australian tree improvement programs for radiata pine (Pinus radiata) and blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) and provides genetic evaluation services in forest trees.
In the Green Triangle we are active in representing our industry. For example, in 2019 in partnership with the Department of Education and Child Development and industry we launched an education program. today launched a pathway program at Mount Gambier High School which will provide students from Year 8 to Year 12 from Limestone Coast Secondary schools with an articulated pathway in the forest and timber industry. The Ultimate Renewable Forest Learning Pathway Program provides the education and skills necessary for student in Years 8 to 12 to join the forest and timber industry with a Certificate III and SACE credit points.
We are a proud member of the Green Triangle Forest Industries Hub (GTFIH), The GTFIH represents a comprehensive cross-section of the Green Triangle industry: large and small businesses, growers and processors, soft and hardwood, Victorian and South Australian. Together its members make up approximately 90% of the Green Triangle Forestry Industry.
We are also excited to be part of networks like the OneSafetyGroup and the Weighbridge Infrastructure group that are industry collaborations that have come together to address and solve specific issues. Forest and timber industries are critical to regional development and vibrant communities. By working together we can ensure that these industries have a future.
In New Zealand, OneFortyOne is a member of the New Zealand Forest Owners Association (NZFOA) the prime industry representative body for commercial plantation forest owners. Executive General Manager New Zealand for OneFortyOne NZ, Lees Seymour is an elected member of the NZFOA board. OneFortyOne NZ is an active member of the Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce and Marlborough Chamber of Commerce. Executive General Manager New Zealand for OneFortyOne, Lees Seymour is outgoing Chairperson of the Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce board and served on the board for several years.
- Marlborough Forest Industry Association
- Forest Industry Contractors Association
Wood Processors and Manufacturer’s Association OneFortyOne NZ also works collaboratively with research organisations such as the Cawthron Institute, Landcare and Scion, working collectively to investigate and proactively solve issues impacting on the industry and the wider community.